lichess.org
Donate

Three Dimensional Chess?

That would be super weird but also cool. What would be the dimensions of the square box, how would position the starting pieces, what rules would have to be implemented and just holy shit the possibilities. Would all be so cool, any thoughts?
First off, watch the language.

Second, the moves would be almost exactly the same, but up and down variants, but this would be very hard to implement on lichess because it requires 3D rendering, and probably camera movement. although if this were to happen you'd probably need more pieces, and the board would almost always be open...

Cool idea though!
If you watch the original "Star Trek" circa 1967 You will see 3D chess being played . I remember that it caused a 3D chess craze...at least for Trekkies who liked chess. :]
What language are you talking about? I was just trying to let Greek 10000 know that 3D chess has been around for awhile. Yes I am 64 and actually a great grandfather and dad. I swear... You just can"t make a post without someone making a snide remark. Grow up "little bobby"
Do you know what quotation marks mean?

I could and should have mentioned that I was responding to post No. 2, but I thought the presence of quotation marks would be enough of a hint for someone who did not in fact say the quote to know it wasn't directed at them. There's also the fact that it would have made no sense at all as a response to you. Grow up indeed.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.